Review of Maybelline India's Bold Gold as Stamping Polish and a Christmas Mani

Stamping seemed like such a harmless little fluffball when I first saw a stamped mani. Then I saw another, and another, and yet another, and then I was sufficiently hooked it. I get hooked on everything that involves least efforts, and the notion of stamping pretty things on my nails was admittedly alluring. The first stamping plate was duly booked and received, which was followed by several spectacularly failed stamping attempts. After much google-ing, I was introduced to seemingly alien terms like priming, stamping polish, and an otherworldly invention called 'Clear Jelly Stamper' (one day, you'll be mine CJS). Who knew, huh? Equipped with this new found wisdom, began my never-ending hunt for affordable and easily available stamping polishes. (looking right at ya, international shipping.)

TheNailz4fun95 who has ever so helpfully done a video about Indian stamping polishes, suggested Maybelline India's Bold Gold, which was probably one of the best advice given in the history of advices. It costs ₹100 which is a tad too much for a 6ml bottle. But that's probably the only negative thing you'll hear from me about this polish, because it stamps like a DREAM! It's smooth, opaque and gets picked up perfectly on the stamper. I had some concerns about it's drying time, but unlike my rest of the Maybellines, all of which dried too soon, this one didn't. It showed up pretty good on my red base too, so I'm hoping this one will be my go-to golden polish for stamping :)

Here's a Christmas manicure I did with Bold Gold. The ring finger is smudged because I thought it'd be real fun to photograph my mani while it was still wet. Clearly, I have yet to grasp the finer details of adulthood and the wisdom that supposedly comes with it. 


I think stamping is all about assessing and planning your whole thing and executing it within a short time span. Most of the nail fails I had were either because I stamped at wrong angle on the nail, or picked the wrong/half portion of the image. But once you get the hang of it, it's so quick and easy! Plus, it needs practically zero clean-up. I mean whats not to love, right?

(The stamping plate was purchased from Online India Shopping along with the stamper and scraper.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Ultra Holo : Deja Vu (Swatches and nail art)

Review : Born Pretty Store Geek Pattern Stamping plate!

MoYou London Illusion Plate - Pastel Stamping Nail Art