Review : Born Pretty Store Geek Pattern Stamping plate!

Look at me, reviewing stuff and silently making my way to the cool kids table! Everybody knows you are cool when you receive goodies to review right? Yep. Thought so. So when Cynthia from BPS contacted me, I was honestly gobsmacked as to why would someone want to give free stuff to a person who has less than a thousand followers on IG. Without dwelling much on the reasoning, I asked for a stamping plate and stamper. The shipping was a surprise, since I had heard so much about BPS packages taking 3-4 weeks to ship. But my geographical proximity to China came in handy, and I received my package on the 9th or 10th day itself.

The plate I received

An image of the plate designs from BPS website
The products I got were exactly as they were described on the BPS site. I had asked for Geek Pattern Stamping plate BP-L022, which is a large rectangular plate measuring 12.5 x 6.5cm. The plate is well etched, and has a sturdy plastic back unlike the smaller plates, which makes me love the bigger plates even more! Idk, I feel like the smooth white cover just gives off a sophisticated vibe ;) 

The designs are so unique! I mean, who knew I needed coat hangers stamped on my nails, right? But this plate sates all of your weird stamping urges, and then some more. I did two manis with this plate as a part of this review, but I know I'm going be reaching out for this one quite often!

Also, did you notice how shiny the stamper is? You can even see the reflection of my plate in the first photo! The stamper is ridiculously squishy too, which means now I can stamp my super curved nails without pain. Curvy ladies, this one's for you. Or rather, us. I've yet to use the stamper for a proper mani, so I'll update the review when I do. But from the quick testing that I did, it definitely lived upto it's hype. It sits really well on the nail, picks up the images quite nicely, and has large surface area to cover long nails.

4cm Squishy Stamper 
A photo of the same product from BPS website
As described on the site, the stamper head reall is 4 centimeter wide. This stamper will be immensely helpful for me when I'm doing larger designs, and decal because of it's sheer size! Size does matters, eh ;)

I love using plates like BP-LO22, they are a lifesaver when you want something different than your usual mani, but have limited time (and/or skills) on hand. All I had to do was slap on some gorgeous holo and double stamp the same image as my accent. Since I was aiming for a overlapped look, I didn't even have to bother aligning my stamps, I just eyeballed the whole thing. But the overall effect was so cool! See for yourself ;)


The second mani I did with this plate had little more effort, as I opted for a smooshed base of blues and purples. I wanted to create an illusion of the sky, but it kind of snowballed into a galaxy-ish looking thing. Not complaining, though! The colours look so pretty together. I stamped this slightly psychedelic airplane image from the plate, and voilà! I was done :)


Yes, the two manis were done over a considerable of time, hence the different nail shape! And no, I did not get several shades lighter in that time either, I just learned to use better lighting! I've had some issues with scheduling my time, so unfortunately nail art has taken the back seat :( I hope I can post weekly tho, and Anita of Style Those Nails has been a huge help in bringing some consistency to my blogging schedule. Her Nail Blogger Support group is perfect solution for nail bloggers who need more activity on their blogs and need a hand with procrastination ;) God knows I've put off so many manis just because I didn't want to do the whole write up! 

Until next time,
Lumos! 











































Comments

  1. Wow this is such a cool stamping plate and I love the manis you have created x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun plate! I love those little coat hangers x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm all about the coat hangers ;)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful manis !! And thanks for mention I am glad that group helps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's the truth lol! I'm glad to be a part of it :)

      Delete
  4. Great review! So in depth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous review and 2 fantastic manis <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun stamping plate

    --Sony
    http://nailscontext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Ultra Holo : Deja Vu (Swatches and nail art)

MoYou London Illusion Plate - Pastel Stamping Nail Art