Stay Quirky Nail Polish Review and Swatches!

Finally a nail blog!! Being a master procrastinator that I am, it's a miracle that I summoned enough motivation to start a blog. But here I am, and it's very, very weird talking to non-existent people who're supposed to be my blog readers. So without embarrassing myself further, I'll get on with the swatches of my latest haul from Stay Quirky.

As most of you all know by now, they are an online start up from Pune, and make badass nail polish on a daily basis. I wish I had a job that has me making glittery goodness all day long. I'll never go home! (hire moi, Stay Quirky) They have literally everything under the sun, textured polishes, holo glitters, flakies, duochromes, jellies, crellies, EVERY-DAMN-THANG. And its Big Five Free! It's still a rare thing here, more so because there's lot less awareness about the process and contents of a nail polish. On another hand, neither have the brands ever projected themselves in this light before, focusing on their contents and their toxicity. Hopefully though, with the rising awareness regarding beauty products, people are slowly getting conscious about their purchases. 

Back to Stay Quirky, I love their emphasis on quality of their product, because even if their bottles are pricier than say, your local beauty center finds, they won't leave your nails yellow and dried. I'd rather buy two best quality bottles than their ten substandard counterparts!

They had a sale last week, and I scored some cool polishes I've been eyeing for so long. Listing them off below - 
  • Elfish Charm - A dark pink to gold duochrome polish
  • Feel the Steel - Silvery blue metallic polish 
  • My bae - Intense purple textured polish with gold and orange holographic flecks in purple base
  • Legendary Bloom - Light green texture polish peppered with yellow and green specks in a   bleached green base.   


An Elfish Charm 

This polish swept me off my feet. Honestly, if I were to be a polish, I'd be An Elfish Charm. It shifts effortlessly from pink to gold, and settles for a gold tinged brown in the sun.


Elfish Charm in transition

   Feel the Steel

It's a silvery blue that reminds you of winter and all things Frozen. (queues Let It Go in the background) I have a feeling that it might as well be a great stamping polish, because it's metallic and has superb opacity in one coat. One of the very few polish I'd consider wearing a one coat.




Legendary Bloom

I'm weary of wearing anything texture-y on my nails. Partially because I never get the hang of it and in my head it feels like there's something stuck on my nails; and because it's becomes a royal mess when I try to take it off. But Legendary Bloom makes it totally worth all trouble! It needs two coats, but that's understood given that it's a textured polish. I was expecting bit of maneuvering during the application, but it went ever so smoothly on my nails! Looks gorgeous too. I'd totally rec it if you're going for a edgy but understated look. It's not in your face, but a subtle 'I'm a cool kid' kind of polish. Did I say I love it? I do. I DO! I DO!!




My Bae

Saved my favourite for the last because it has the holo!! My Bae (Stay Quirky kills at naming the polishes too) is a rich purple polish with holographic flecks and it's PERFECT. The dark base sets a lovely contrast for the flecks, and they literally come alive under sunlight. It's like having millions of tiny fireflies on your nails!



I'm never doing galaxy manis again because this polish is literally galaxies melted together and packed in a bottle. Money well spent!!

It's heartwarming to see Indian brands coming up and exploring new concepts, and totally slaying it. Stay Quirky didn't just stick to plain cremes, they've dared to try relatively new effects to Indian market, and they get full marks for it. None of the main stream brands have a collection more diverse than Stay Quirky, and I admire them for that. I could spent a fortune for a bunch foreign nail polishes , or I could buy Stay Quirky and support my local business! I think I know what I'm doing ;)
Thank you, Stay Quirky, for giving us world class products at a reasonable price. I wish you all the success in the world!





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Ultra Holo : Deja Vu (Swatches and nail art)

Review : Born Pretty Store Geek Pattern Stamping plate!

MoYou London Illusion Plate - Pastel Stamping Nail Art